Provides leadership and direction over all areas of HR for 200 employees as Casey’s Pond Senior Living Community including but not limited to: recruiting, workforce development/planning, payroll, benefits, legal/regulatory compliance, workers compensation, unemployment, and recordkeeping/auditing.
- Develops and implements strategic HR policies to meet organizational needs/goals and comply with state and federal laws.
- Facilitates and oversees human resources functions for the community including recruitment, onboarding, payroll, benefit administration, safety and workers compensation administration, employee relations, and training/education initiatives.
- Builds company culture through employee engagement events, recognition programs, and communication initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the human resources department budget.
- Extracts financial and demographic information from HRMS regarding staffing hours, wages, classifications, or other payroll data as requested by management company and outside audit firms.
- Advises managers in the areas of hiring, EEOC & FMLA compliance, compensation, performance management, and training/development. Works with ED to train management on leadership skills and proper HR procedures.
- Maintains updated HR policies, procedures, and programs and informs and responds to employee questions accordingly.
- Conducts necessary investigations on employee relations issues and advises management on appropriate resolution.
- Analyzes compensation data from the local community and front range resort areas for benchmarking purposes; makes recommendations accordingly.
- Networks/builds partnerships with local HR resources and peer groups to stay abreast on continuing education topics and legal compliance.
- Interviews and coordinates recruitment efforts and processes for specific positions as needed including bi-annual CNA classes.
- Represents Casey’s Pond in legal proceedings, unemployment hearings and workers compensation claims management.
- Analyzes/reports on trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Collaborates with Department Directors to monitor continuing education credits and required licenses for credentialed staff – RN, LPN, CNA, QMAP, First Aid, CPR.
- Works with Department Heads to create optimal cross-training opportunities for staff.
- Directly manages one HR/Front Desk Supervisor position and supports that person by indirectly overseeing a front desk team of about 8 people and 14 shifts/week.
- Completes or assists with special projects as requested by management including sales tours, Manager on Duty rotations, marketing events, fundraising initiatives, and more.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Uses sound judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Adheres to Casey’s Pond Senior Living Employee Handbook and Behavioral Code of Ethics.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- SPHR Certification preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a professional level Human Resources role with managerial responsibility
- Relevant healthcare experience within organizations of at least 100 employees preferred