Provides direct care to residents in Assisted Living and Memory Care, while promoting the residents’ highest level of functioning, as directed by management. Assists in maintaining the residents’ environment in a safe and neat manner. Promotes quality service in accordance with Casey’s Pond, state and federal regulations.
- Performs/assists with all resident direct care needs and comforts of daily living as needed. Including but not limited to: bathing, dressing, oral hygiene and grooming, and answering and responding to call lights in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides all additional resident care needs and comforts of daily living. Including but not limited to: maintaining cleanliness of resident’s room to include light daily cleaning as required, making beds, and straitening up room.
- Assisting residents with self-administration of medications.
- Supporting, leading, and participating in a resident-centered activity program.
- Working as a team member in assigned neighborhood.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Follows written and verbal directions.
- Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors.
- Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis.
- Follows all company, facility, and state policies and procedures.
- Assists nurses with assigned tasks, including but not limited to: measuring and recording vitals, gathering weights, documentation on the residents, making beds, cleaning closets, organizing and ensuring cleanliness of resident living areas, assisting with new admissions as assigned.
- Assisting in the training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
- Reports resident complaints to nurse or supervisor in charge, maintains confidentiality.
- Documents resident information timely, accurately, and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies, and procedures.
- Practices universal precautions.
- Performs food service functions to include: preparing residents for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, passing snacks and fresh water/ice, recording food/fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting.
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families, visitors, members of the health care team, and other disciplines.
- Maintains educational development in compliance with state and federal regulations and current knowledge of resident care practices.
- Utilizes sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems in adherence with Casey’s Pond Employee Handbook and Behavioral Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned in line with HIPAA compliance.
Note: This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred; one year long term care experience preferred
- First Aid
- CNA, CPR, and QMAP (medication administration) preferred but not required
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, feel, reach, bend, stoop, crouch, talk, hear, and see
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with residents, guest and fellow associates
- Possible exposure to blood-born pathogens, various drugs, chemical, infectious, communicable diseases or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Weekend, evening or night work as needed to ensure shift coverage
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.