How You Can Help Casey’s Pond
Posted: April 6, 2020
A lot of people are asking how they can support Casey’s Pond during the COVID-19 pandemic. We love the way the greater community is here for us so we created this list of ideas for supporting our staff and residents.
- Calling all Artists! Make small (approx. 16 x 20) “thank you” or other inspirational posters for Casey’s Pond Departments (listed below)
- Donate snack items that can be wiped down. You can purchase on amazon.com (or similar site) or purchase locally.
- Send flowers to a Casey’s Pond Department
- Support Casey’s Pond staff and local restaurants at the same time. We have partnered with Freshies, Cruisers and Blue Sage Pizza. We will use donated funds to purchase meals for staff as a thank you.
- Freshies – call 970-879-8099 to donate to the Casey’s Pond gift card. You can also purchase gift cards online at freshies.restaurant . Select “pick up at restaurant” and make a comment that it is for Casey’s Pond. The staff will add the donated amount to the Casey’s Pond gift card.
- Cruisers – call 970-879-1747 to donate to the Casey’s Pond gift card.
- Blue Sage Pizza – they are donating 3-4 pizzas to Casey’s Pond on a weekly basis. Support them by ordering pizza there or sponsor additional pizzas for the weekly delivery to Casey’s Pond; phone – 970-870-8600
- Purchase small amount ($5, $10) gift cards to local stores such as Walmart, City Market, Safeway, Starbucks or gas stations that will be given out as staff appreciation gifts.
- Create a video or Facebook post thanking our staff and tag Casey’s Pond.
- Make homemade masks that will be used over medical masks to help them last longer or as a backup supply to our PPE.
- Click here for a picture tutorial from Pinterest.
- Write notes to residents. This could include poetry, words of inspiration, drawings/paintings, etc. Lists of first names of residents are available by contacting Lifestyle Director Cathy Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create individualized craft project packets for residents to do in their apartments. Projects need to be simple and include a sample and instructions.
- Create care packages for residents (could include individually wrapped snacks, small gifts, notes, books, activities that can be done in their apartment, etc; with the exception of notes, all items need to be able to be wiped down)
- Send or drop off flowers that we can put in small vases and disperse to residents.
*Casey’s Pond Departments: Concierge, Plant Ops/Housekeeping, Culinary, Life Enrichment, Grove, Harbor, Doak Walker Neighborhood, Administration
*For items needing to be mailed: ATTN: Staff Appreciation, List Department if applicable, 2855 Owl Hoot Trail, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
*If you are dropping off items, call Concierge at 970-399-5199 when you arrive and someone will come get it from your car.